Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Jimmy Thousands (@whorunphilly2k) Presents: Who Run Philly 2k (NBA) Tournament

    Many try or envision to run a sports tournament or game tournament but not many are not successful, especially in the hood and when it consist of hood niggas, but Jimmy Thousands ran his event like a professional. The event was promoted well, dudes from all over the city attended the event including former big time Philadelphia high school sport stars such as Brandon Austin (Basketball) and Rob Hollomon, (football) who went on to play college football at Central Connecticut State(CCSU). He (Rob)also had an invite at Saints camp this year; so yeah it was sports talent in the room not just on the controllers.
   In my eyes the event was truly a success, if it wasn't it wouldn't be another one right?
   The event was held at a private location and a small but spacious apartment. When the competitors arrived, the room was equipped with four PS4's and four flat screen televisions including one huge one. Pizza and beverages were provided also. The event consisted of 32 players all trying to win the tournaments grand prize of $500! With such a big amount of money on the line, all competitors kept it competitive and not negative. While I was their I didn't hear or see any arguments or anything getting out of hand.
   The rules were simple four  3 minute quarters, winner advances loser is eliminated. Unfortunately for me I lost in the first round. No excuses but my team, the Chicago Bulls didn't show up, exactly how they didn't show up in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Derrick Rose was sub par, Pau Gasol was missing dunks, my team went like 1 for 30 from behind the arc. Joakim Noah was my best offensive player and that's saying something. But again no excuses even though my opponent was letting the computer play defense for him. I'm going to get some practice in and learn the game slot more and I will be back, and be back to win it all.
    The most popular teams was the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Cleveland Cavaliers, whom which a few times three games had OKC versus Cleveland at one time on all four televisions, it was ridiculous, like guys its 28 other teams in the NBA.
   All in all, the event was a success, I would give it an A++. Jimmy really deserves major props for it. His next tournament will be August 22. I will post the flyer so you can get the full details. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram: @whorunphilly2k. See y'all at the next event I will be winning and hopefully everyone have a good time again.

- @weirdo_leek
  IG/Twitter

                                                       "GET THE WORD OUT!"

  

Jimmy Thousands and The Winner

Next WHORUNPHILLY2K TOURNAMENT (FLYER)

No comments: